Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) is Canada's largest tree. It is found throughout the southern half of British Columbia. This species is one of Canada's strongest commercial softwoods.
This species ranges in colour from light in the sapwood to yellowish reddish-brown in the heartwood. The grain is defined and has a distinctive grain pattern when flat sawn. The wood is fine to medium texture, straight grain and non porous.
Douglas Fir has a high bending strength, shear strength and stiffness. It is a hard species and is suitable for use where wear is a factor. The heartwood is moderately decay resistant.
This softwood lumber dries well with good dimensional stability. It machines well and is typically used to make doors, windows, structural products, ladders, flooring, staircase parts, and trusses.
View our Environmental Certification here
CarlWood offers export quality Douglas Fir in kiln dried fine grain in the following sizes:
- 76mm x 90mm Window Stock, Vertical Grain, 85/15 Clear R list KD lengths 3'-20' usually 10-15% 3'-6' balance 7-20' fair assortment.
- 72mm x 86mm Laminated 3 piece window stock, 3 equal pieces of 24mmx86mm, lengths 800mm to 4000mm, typically 25% 800-1200mm, 50% 1300-1900mm, 25% 2000mm and longer. Outer plies are VG and middle ply can be finger jointed and or Flat Grain.
- 90mm x 90mm 85/15 Clear R list KD lengths 7-13' (4.0M), heavy 4.0M, next 10'.
- 4”x4” 85/15 Clear R list KD lengths 7-13' (4.0M) Heavy 4.0M.
- 4”x5” 85/15 Clear R list KD lengths 7-20' fair assortment
- 4”x6” Wider usually 4×6, 4×8, 4×10, 4×12” 85/15 Clear R List 7-20' fair assortment of lengths.
- 2”x4” 85/15 Clear Vertical Grain, R listKD 7-20' fair assortment of lengths.
- 2”x5” 85/15 Clear Vertical Grain, R listKD 7-20' or specified tallies.
- 2”x6” 85/15 Clear Vertical Grain, R listKD 7-20' or specified tallies.
Any Questions? Call Us 604-462-7517